Fantastic Friday #6: Jingle Bells
Mean Absolute Deviation
How many Jingle Bells are in the jar? (Guess between 1 and 500)
Goal: Know how to find the minimum and maximum amounts and correctly calculate the mean, median, mode, range, and mean absolute deviation. Know and identify the outlier and be able to describe the outlier's effect on the measure of central tendency.
What are the three steps you need to follow in order to calculated the mean absolute deviation (MAD)?
- With your group members, find the minimum and maximum values of the data set.
- Calculate the mean, median, mode, and range of the data set.
- Determine if there is an outlier in the data set. If there is, identify it. If there is an outlier, determine which number best represents the middle of this particular set of data ~ the mean or the median.
- Calculate the mean absolute deviation of this set of data.
- Record Calculations on Google from.